A young lady confidently walked around the room with a raised glass of
water while leading a seminar and explaining stress management to her
audience. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question,
‘Half empty or half full?’ She fooled them all. “How heavy is this
glass of water?” she inquired with a smile. Answers called out
ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how
long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem. If
I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. In each
case it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it
She continued, “and that’s the way it is with stress. If we carry our
burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes
increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on.”
“As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and
rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on
with the burden – holding stress longer and better each time
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down.
Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Pick them up
again tomorrow if you must.
1. Accept the fact that some days you’re the pigeon, and some days
you’re the statue!
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the
middle of it.
4. Drive carefully… It’s not only cars that can be recalled by their
5. If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
6. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was
probably worth it.
7. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.
8. Never buy a car you can’t push.
9. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then
you won’t have a leg to stand on.
10. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
11. Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
12. The second mouse gets the cheese.
13. When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
14. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
16. Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
17. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are
pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different
colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
18. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
19. Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you
20. Save the earth….. It’s the only planet with chocolate!
Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning
the devil says~~ “Oh Crap, she’s/he’s up!”